So, you're wondering why that title? Me, too!
I'm sitting here trying to figure out why I am so "hard" sometimes...
Why it is so Hard to be Soft!?
How quickly the "hardness of heart" can engulf us...
& overtake our mind and emotions
bringing fear and frustration to our hearts.
Why is it so easy to ignore His "gentle whispers" in our hearts to
NOT:
defend,
debate,
degrade,
deny,
deflect...
when we are feeling that things aren't the way we think they should be...
We cry:
injustice
insensitivity
instability
insistence
insurmountable
indeed!...
Isn't that fuel for the enemies fire?
So then, we remind ourselves that
He has our good in mind for His glory,
a plan for our lives,
and in all things we are more than conquerors,
that His ways are not our ways,
that we cannot know what He knows,
that we cannot see the riches on the other side of trials
that there is freedom from captivity when our minds are stayed on Him.
As we seek Him we will have peace all surpassing
beyond what our deceitful hearts tell us we can't have.
Again we turn to Him who holds us in the palm of His hand
and gives us life abundantly,
and shelters and cares for us.
How many times must I be reminded to "live softly"
in Your presence and you will go before me,
You will make my paths straight and shine your light in my darkness...
For darkness cannot pierce the light...but light always pierces the darkness.
Then once again I come to rest
in You and your loving kindness...
and I am "soft" again.
Mold me,
shape me,
fill me ,
use me...
No comments:
Post a Comment