Saturday, June 19, 2010

Nesting the Emptying Nest

Nest emptying?
I see the nest of young baby robins outside my patio door and think...
their mommy is busy feeding their little "birdie mouths" right now

but soon, very soon,
they will all be taking flight.

Lately, all of my birdies are leaving the nest or the neighborhood...flying across contintents, shorter test flights and even "going south" for the summer"?

One beginning to spread her wings...
growing up quickly wanting a job .....anticipating the "great explore"...
("where else can I apply?")

One kiddo reaching out to other kids in Brazil...
("mom, did you send something if I'm feeling a bit under the weather?")

One in Eau Claire becoming independent,,,
("mom. can you check my account")

One in Atlanta with babies and hubby on a new adventure
(mom?)

I guess my role as "mom" is changing...
Or is it really the same just in a different form?
farther away...more electronic and digital?

Instead of feeling loss or emptiness, I'm looking to see what new adventures are in store for me? For us.
I'm amazed at how life is always so FULL...
but with different things at different times.
God seems to move the pieces around
that he knows I won't move on my own.
He fills my life with all things good...
He knows what we all need.
He guides our lives and goes before us into places we cannot see clearly...
and He says follow Me and put your trust in Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment