My 51st birthday (shhhhh!) consisted of starting off with
coffee and my computer by the patio. Nice!
Then I got to test drive a little red two door Sunfire,
albeit a little old
(2002)...it was fun to drive.
The teens like it and I have to admit...I like it too!
So hopefully we bought a worthy car...
I'm thinking they can drive the van!!
Then we took off for Rockford Illinois.
I love Steak and Shake and its a real treat!
I order a big chocolate shake,
good stringy fries,
and a yummy burger with a toasted bun!
Just right for a birthday lunch.
My husband's folks live in Rockford,
so they joined us and had their
first Steak & Shake experience!
I think they will be headed back there soon ;-)
For the past week or so before this birthday,
I've been reading a book called
"What to wear for the Rest of your Life!"
(Yes, I'm feeling the need for a fashion makeover ;-)
Very quirky writer...but some good points.
It's very much about fashion and feelings...(Hers mostly)...
but..never-the-less...accepting how we change
and learning to work with it.
Very interesting and
quite intriguing for me at this point in my life...
but even though I'm enjoying
the walk down my own little fashion "runway"...
more importantly is how I'm being transformed inwardly...
I hope I'm found wearing Christ,
regardless of the style or color of garments ,
radiating His love
testifying to His covering
and reflecting His freedom.
So Hopefully, I'm not living this next season of my life
wrapped up in too much of what is claimed "fashionable"...
but, clothe myself with Truth and Grace.
Colossians 3:10 and have put on the new self
who is being renewed to a true knowledge
according to the image of the One who created him--
Colossians 3:12 So, as those who have been chosen of God,
holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness,
humility, gentleness and patience;
His Way is always the best "fashion" choice
to be always ready... in and out of season!
(2 Tim 4:2)
Happy Birthday!!
ReplyDelete