new home.
Unbelievably, most of us were able to go to church together on Sunday! It is a very special thing in my momma's heart whenever this happens, but to have it be at Christmas time was lovely.
As I sat behind them and beside them, I stood to worship and sing of our Savior and His birth and his great love for us, and was filled to overflowing with the blessing of having my family together to celebrate Christmas. As I stood there, tears welled up and washed down my face.
Tears of joy and fullness and gratefulness. I noticed the sweet young woman next to me started to wipe tears from her eyes also. It was as if God had touched our hearts in the same moment.
Once we sat down to hear announcements, she leaned over to me to ask which of the young adults were my children, since she had been trying to figure it out. She said she just felt the overwhelming emotion and had to cry with me. I told her and explained briefly who was who. Then she said she had 4 boys, ages 9-2 and was just imagining how it will be someday when her boys are all adults.
The Spirit was evident between us and the blessing of two mommas connecting hearts was sweetness to our souls. I was prompted to tell her that there will be a season as her boys are growing up when they will need to become men and separate from their mom for a few years...(late high school to early college years), but not to despair or take it too heavily, that they would return men who honor and love her for her unstoppable loving-kindness and tenderness.
She smiled and said, "Thank you, I needed to hear that today."
Tears of joy and fullness and gratefulness. I noticed the sweet young woman next to me started to wipe tears from her eyes also. It was as if God had touched our hearts in the same moment.
Once we sat down to hear announcements, she leaned over to me to ask which of the young adults were my children, since she had been trying to figure it out. She said she just felt the overwhelming emotion and had to cry with me. I told her and explained briefly who was who. Then she said she had 4 boys, ages 9-2 and was just imagining how it will be someday when her boys are all adults.
The Spirit was evident between us and the blessing of two mommas connecting hearts was sweetness to our souls. I was prompted to tell her that there will be a season as her boys are growing up when they will need to become men and separate from their mom for a few years...(late high school to early college years), but not to despair or take it too heavily, that they would return men who honor and love her for her unstoppable loving-kindness and tenderness.
She smiled and said, "Thank you, I needed to hear that today."
God is good and He leads us in many surprising adventures.
He connects us heart to heart,
soul to soul with His
loving-kindness and tenderness.
He connects us heart to heart,
soul to soul with His
loving-kindness and tenderness.
Because he loves, we can love.
1 John 4:19 (NIV)
We love because He first loved us.
1 John 4:19 (NIV)
We love because He first loved us.
No comments:
Post a Comment